Thursday, October 16, 2008

You Know Who John Sidney McCain III Sounds Like?



John Sidney McCain III sounds just like a farmer with terminal cancer, trying to borrow money on next year's crop.

I can't take credit for that one. It's Hunter's. And he didn't say it about Mad Jack, he said it about The Hube back in 1972.

Hunter hated Hubert Humphrey, and like pretty much everything else Hunter hated, he let the rest of us hear about it.

I didn't pull my old hardcover copy of Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72 down off the shelf this year. I seem to have settled into an every-other-election pattern with it, and this is an off-year. But I know that quote is in there somewhere.

It's a good one. It's very apropos. I think Hunter would have liked Obama. I know he would have hated Mad Jack.

And to all my wingnut friends: Better take cover. Big storm coming.

4 comments:

Paul Mitchell said...

You read Hunter S. Thompson? Wow, no wonder you can't find a job. The new Hunter is Ward Churchill, try him, you'll like him. And he is just as stupid as Thompson was before he committed suicide.

Rightwingsnarkle said...

I think that reading Hunter S. Thompson could be a job.

Murfyn said...

Well, you're attracting trolls, you must be doing something right.
That McCain vid sounds to me like a late-night low-budget commercial for cheap life insurance or maybe a patent pharmaceutical.
And HST; his work holds up. I haven't re-read Fear and Loathing lately, I ought to.

Rightwingsnarkle said...

Well, at least he spelled 'moron' correctly.