Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hot Chick Classical Music - Spring Time

Reading the inane tripe written by G-list Wingnuts will drive anybody, except maybe other wingnuts, flat out crazy, so it's important to have an outlet or two as relief against their mind-numbing stupidity.

I like listening to music, especially that wonderful sub-genre, Hot Chick Classical. There are really only two requirements for any piece to be included in this category.

First, the music must meet the general definition of 'classical,' which, according to our anonymous friends at Wikipedia is:
"...a broad term that usually refers to music produced in, or rooted in the traditions of Western ecclesiastical and concert music, encompassing a broad period from roughly the 9th century to present times."
Second, the performance or recording must feature at least one hot chick, which is a subjective measure completely up the listener.

I recently paid a visit to my Italian barber, and so I've been listening to lots of opera lately, including a disc of arias by Giuseppe Verdi, as performed by the incomparable American Soprano, Beverly Sills.

Ms Sills had passion, presence, and class. Here's something I stumbled across at YouTube. It's from her final performance with the New York City Opera, and features the song she used to close each of her recitals - a translation of the Portuguese folk song, "Tell Me Why," as taught to Sills by her longtime, and only, voice teacher, Estelle Liebling.
Time has come for me to leave you.
Tis the moment for goodbye.
Ah my sweet, we have to part now.
Please brush your tears from those dear eyes.

We have shared so much together.
T'is not the end but a new start.
Ah, my dear, I’ll always love you.
You'll be forever in my heart.

Ah, my dear, I'll always love you.
You'll be forever in my heart.



Beverly Sills Online
- the definitive site about the artist

No comments: