Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hot Chick Classical Music Link

I love music - all kinds of music, pretty much. Except maybe contemporary country and top-40 bullshit, both of which are over-produced and banal.

Having said that, I've been listening to Kathy Mattea's more recent stuff ("Right Out of Nowhere"), and I'm really looking forward to the release of her newest album, "Coal."

But mostly I've been listening to classical, with an emphasis on small ensembles and chamber music. I've also been taking advantage of concert opportunities, and had the chance not long ago to see and hear these three smokin' babes - the Bruskin twins (Emily and Julia) and Donna Kwong, known together as the Claremont Trio.

I was so impressed that I've added them to my link list, "Non-political Things I Like."

These drop-dead gorgeous and talented young ladies formed the trio in 1999 while attending Julliard, and have performed before enthusiastic audiences across the country and around the world.

They have a couple of CD's for sale at their website, and you can download their recent performances of the Beethoven "Ghost" and "Archduke" piano trios at Boston's Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum's website for freaking free!!!1!

The Claremont will also be performing again at the Gardner this coming March, so get your late winter fix of hot chick classical music. Resistance is futile.

No comments: