Monday, July 28, 2008

Is That You, Sparkie?

Blogging opens the door to the richness that is life's puzzle, including the ability to see, and be seen by, so many people both near and far. As I perused my site stats for the last 24 hours, I was surprised to find a Comcast customer who came by not just once, not twice, not even thrice, but on four separate occasions.

My new (old?) online friend spent a total of 2 hours and 14 minutes here at my shitty little blog, and racked up 44 page views. That's an average of just over 3 minutes per page, for every page. The longest session lasted an hour and 41 minutes.

If they viewed my site using a laptop while sitting on the can, their legs must surely have gone numb. That's just not healthy. Never sit on the can for a moment longer than it takes to read a single article in People magazine (ironically, just over 3 minutes).

Of course, I just had to find out where Richmond, Texas actually is. Now, I know that this location identifies a switching station in the Comcast network, and not the actual location of the person who surfed over.

But, lo and behold, it appears that Richmond is the pimple on the asshole that is the city of Houston.

It's a small world, after all.

No comments: